We are excited to finally be moving forward with some sense of normalcy! With that being said, we will need all of our staff, parents and children to work together to keep our community healthy and safe. This is new for every one of us and we ask for your patience while we forge ahead and create a new culture while preserving the old that works for all of us. Merging guidelines from USAG, the CDC and Washington State, the following is our tentative plan. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change as more information becomes available. So happy to be a part of your families once again!
For the safety of all, we will be opening in 3 Stages during Washington State Phase 2:
Stage 1: June 8 - Team only
Stage 2: June 15 - School Aged Gymnastics, School Aged Ninja Zone, Camp, + Team
Stage 3: June 22 - Camp + Team
Stage 4: TBD - All items from stage 3 with the addition of 3, 4 and 5 year old Gymnastics + Ninja Zone Classes
No Date Nights, Open Gym, Indoor Playgrounds and Birthday Parties during Phase 2 and possibly not in Phase 3 of Washington State Re-opening.
During our gradual re-opening the following are what you can expect of us and what we expect from you and your child. While we can’t be 100% risk free, we are being as thorough as possible. We know this is lengthy, but in the interest of being thorough, bear with us and please read through entirely.
- Will be screened with WA State Health Questionaire and temperature taken.
- Will stay home if not feeling well.
- Maintain 6 foot distance from others the entire time in building.
- Sanitize when entering and leaving the building as well as between each event.
- Masks will be worn in stage 1 and possibly stage 2.
- There will be spotting for safety only in all 3 stages. This will be re-evaluated when the state has proceeded through all phases of re-opening.
- Each parent (or person accompanying their gymnast) will sign a waiver of consent and commitment to the gymnastics center’s policies before entering the gym (can do online).
- Only one person will accompany a child while in the building. Please maintain the 6 foot social distance while sitting in the bleachers. No one will be permitted to sit downstairs in the lobby area.
- Please educate your child about following all gym rules for their safety and for others.
- It is important that you arrive to your class ON TIME. Late comers may not be admitted.
- Remember to maintain social distancing of 6 feet while entering/exiting and while viewing in the gym.
- Your temperature will be taken as well as your children before entering the building. If anyone in your household is showing infectious symptoms, do not attend class.
- Please use hand sanitizer before entering the gym.
- Masks should be worn during Stage 1 and will be re-evaluated as the State continues to move through its phases.
- If you or your child exhibit any infectious symptoms you will not be allowed to attend class.
- No one should attend that is “at risk” until the state has proceeded through all phases of re-opening.
- We ask for your assistance in the at-home monitoring of your family members. Please observe for the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, fatigue, body ache or sore joints, shortness of breath, sore throat, headaches, nasal congestion, loss of taste or smell, rash, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and/or vomiting. If you, your child or anyone in your household exhibit any of these symptoms or come into contact with anyone known to have a positive COVID-19 test, you MUST notify us immediately and do not attend any program here for at least 14 days of known contact OR the symptoms subside. The child/family member's return to the gym MUST be coordinated with Kim in the office. Tuition adjustments will be made in the event this does occur.
- Hand sanitize and have temperature taken before entering the building.
- Sanitize your hands before each event and wipe down your station with a provided equipment wipe before continuing to the next event. Coaches will assist.
- Bring a personal bag (large enough to hold shoes, socks, jacket) with their own (labeled with their name) water bottle, liquid chalk, and grips. Lockers will not be available. Drinking fountain will be closed; however, bottle fillers will be open.
- Follow all rules set by their coaches and teachers.
- If a child exhibits any infectious symptoms they will be sent home.
- We also suggest that your athlete take a full shower/bath when they return home from practice.
- Class sizes have been reduced to help accommodate the 6 foot social distancing recommendation.
- We have staggered class times to reduce congregating in the lobby area. Also to help with this, you will enter through our main door and exit through the Percival Creek Preschool door.
- To be cleaned daily and equipment to be sanitized regularly, at the end of every class if not more often. Equipment sanitizing stations have been added as well as several locations for sanitizing hands and feet. Every evening the facility will again be cleaned thoroughly. A fogger will arrive soon and will be utilized to disinfect the facility daily.
- There will be a designated entrance and exit to reduce the congestion in the lobby area.
- Cones and/or other markers will be used to encourage the 6 foot social distancing requirement.
- Bathrooms will be frequently cleaned. Touchless soap dispensers will be added to all bathrooms.
- In stage 1 we will be using MERV13 filters for the HVAC and weather permitting, the garage doors will be open for added ventilation.
- Our office will be open for payment only. If you have any questions or concerns, we ask that you call or email the office.
- There will be no pro shop open during the first 3 stages of opening.
- You will notice increased signage around the facility reminding you of COVID-19 protocol.
While maintaining a healthy and safe environment, we welcome you back to Alley Oop Gymnastics Center! Thank you all for doing your part!